Friday, September 13

Fall Fashion Friday

Welcome to our second edition of Fall Fashion Friday! We have been very impressed with the great style that we're finding all around the city, Ottawa has got it going on and we don't even know it!                                                                

Our feature this week is an incredibly talented fashion designer who captures a truly unique style.


Fall Fashion Feature:
Pilard Aoun - Fashion Designer 'Designs by Pilard'
We caught up with Pilard on her shift break from Vero Moda where she is currently the store manager.


What inspired you to get into fashion?

I would have to say it was my mom. My parents often went out, and as a little girl watching my mom transform from "house wife" to "femme fatal" was incredible. She always had the most beautiful elaborate outfits, the perfect balance of sexy and class. She was also a painter, when I was 9 years old she painted a self portrait of me and hung it up in my room; I was in love with it! And that there influenced me to start sketching.

If you could shop at one store and one store only right now, what would it be?

Oh that a tough one, I don't even know if I can answer that one (We know we definitely can't answer it, too many choices!!) - It would have to be a "one stop shop" kind of store. Somewhere where I can find my fashion forward or in trend pieces and of course there has to be accessories and beauty supplies!

What is your favorite go-to fashion trend right now? 

For this fall, definitely leather.  I'm loving the leather! Whether it’s pants, skirts, or even leather detail in a top. Combine it with a pop lip color and a bold necklace or earrings and you're set.


Who is/are your fashion icons?

Easy. Roberto Cavalli and Elie Saab ( *drooool* perfect answer! Love them both!)

How do you put together an outfit or base a style?

You almost have to study the style, understand what makes it and make sure to tell that story when you’re choosing your pieces. What I've learned from my experience is that layering is key!



Pilard is certainly a fashionista and designer who we truly admire. Not only for her uniqueness but for her strive to go after what she is truly passionate about and loves. Pilards' outfit (see above) consists perfectly of a leather skirt, tweed vest (www.veromoda.com) and a black & white combination - the latest fall trends brought together all in one! If you're interested in getting a custom made piece by Pilard or just want a peek at her incredible sketches then check out her official Instagram account: @designsbypilard. You never know what she gets up to next - maybe the runways!





No comments:

Post a Comment