Friday, September 27

Fall Fashion Friday


Welcome to our fourth edition of fall fashion Friday! We don't get it... how was Ottawa voted the most boring city? We can definitely prove that wrong with the amount of talented people we have connected with in this city!
Today, for our Friday Feature we have a young, very creative and talented designee who recently opened up the last evening of Ottawa Fashion week with his Spring 2014 collection.

Fall Fashion Feature:
Pascal Gagnon - Fashion Designer of Alfred Marcel'
We connected with Pascal over a warm cup of coffee to chit chat about his amazing talent and collection.

What inspired to get into fashion or to start fashion blogging?

Ever since I can remember, I have been interested in fashion so I knew that I wanted to do something with it. It's about 4-5 years ago where I thought to myself “If I want to do it why aren't I doing it? Why don't I start? There's nothing stopping me!” I've always dreamed of having my own line and here  I am!

If there was only one store you could shop at right now, what would it be?

I really like shopping in the U.S and I really like the big department stores. You have everything there; you get lost in those places because you have so much variety and so many different designers. You have the option of getting everything from one store. My all time favorites are Neiman Marcus (www.neimanmarcus.com) and  Nordstorm (www.nordstorm.ca) - can't wait for them to open in Rideau Center (so are we, ahh!)

What is your favorite fall trend at the moment?

A buttoned down blouse - You have so many colors, patterns and designs and they can be easily be dressed up with a pair of trousers or dressed down with a pair of jeans. People should wear more of these, too many sweatshirts in this world and not enough blouses (he sure rocked his blouse!)

Who is your fashion icon?

Marc Jacobs and Karl Lagerfeld! I like what they design and I like their personalities even though I don't always agree with what they wear.

How do you style and out together your outfits?

It all depends on the occasion - Where am I going? Who am I going with? Is it more casual or is it dressy? Once you start knowing all these little things, you mix and match and pick your favorite pieces and then it all comes together.


Pascal started designing with his mother who was the original seamstress on his pieces, once he got the hang of it, he became entirely hand on with creating every one of his pieces. The name Alfred Marcel comes from joining the two names of Pascal’s grandfathers – a beautifully meaningful and chic name we must say. If you didn’t catch the Alfred Marcel collection at this year’s Ottawa Fashion Week, head over to the website www.alfredmarcel.com and drool over his fabulous pieces. Also follow this up and coming designer on instagram @alfredmarcel. Support Local!

No comments:

Post a Comment